Northern Rhythm: The Art of John Luke 1906 - 1975
- Dates : 2 Nov 2012 10:00AM - 28 Apr 2013 5:00PM
- Venue : Ulster Museum
- Organiser : --- Ulster Bank Belfast Festival at Queen's, Belfast Festival
- Booking Information - Non ticketed event
John Luke is one of Northern Ireland’s most celebrated artists. He was a painter, muralist, sculptor and printmaker, who began his life working in the city’s shipyards. A modernist who was dedicated to craftsmanship, Luke’s work is characterised by a unique sense of ‘rhythm’ that he found in Ulster as a region.
This exhibition, curated by Joseph McBrinn of the University of Ulster, is the most comprehensive retrospective and critical assessment of John Luke’s work ever mounted, and will include examples of Luke’s most important portraits, landscapes, drawings, designs for murals and sculptures, as well as examples of his woodcut and linocut prints.
- Organiser Telephone : 02890971197
- Event Open To : Students, Staff, General Public, Members, Alumni, Press, Delegates
- Age Recommendation : Children to be accompanied by an adult