Ian Rankin and John Gordon Sinclair
- Dates : 2 Nov 2012 6:00PM - 7 Nov 2012 4:00PM
- Venue : Elmwood Hall
- Organiser : --- Ulster Bank Belfast Festival at Queen's, Belfast Festival at Queen's
- Booking Information - Tickets: £10, £8 concession
After an absence of five years, Ian Rankin and the Orion Publishing Group announced the return of "one of the most beguiling characters in the history of crime fiction" – Detective Inspector John Rebus. Festival presents an exclusive preview of this hotly anticipated new novel which will be published as hardback, eBook and audiobook on 8th November 2012.
It is twenty-five years since Rebus first appeared in Knots and Crosses, and five years since he retired. In Standing in Another Man's Grave not only is Rebus as stubborn and anarchic as ever, but he finds himself in trouble with Ian Rankin's latest creation, Malcolm Fox of Edinburgh's internal affairs unit. In the meantime his protégée Siobhan has stepped from under his shadow and is forging ahead in her own career.
Best known as the gauche teenager in Gregory’s Girl, the BAFTA nominated and Oliver award-winning Scots actor John Gordon Sinclair turns his hand to hard-boiled crime fiction with the publication of his debut novel, Seventy Times Seven, through Faber & Faber in September. The two authors one established and the other just starting out will discuss writing and Tartan Noir, and with the exclusive chance to buy Rankin’s book prior to publication this will be an evening not to be missed.
- Organiser Telephone : 02890971197
- Event Open To : Students, Staff, General Public, Members, Alumni, Press
- Age Recommendation : Children to be accompanied by an adult