Ian Sansom - The Paper Museum
- Dates : 30 Oct 2012 1:00PM - 30 Oct 2012 5:00PM
- Venue : PRONI,Public Record Office of Northern Ireland, 2 Titanic Boulevard, Titanic Quarter
- Organiser : --- Ulster Bank Belfast Festival at Queen's, Belfast Festival at Queen's
- Booking Information - Tickets: FREE No booking required
Paper is the technology through which and with which we have made sense of the world.
The making of paper and the manifold uses of paper have made our civilization what it is. But the age of paper is coming to an end. According to some, the paper book has no more than five years before it becomes extinct. E-tickets replace tickets. Archives are digitised.
The world we know was made from paper, and yet everywhere we look, paper is beginning to disappear. As we enter a world beyond paper, academic, author and critic Ian Sansom explores the paradoxes of paper, its vulnerability and its durability. Let us suppose for a moment that paper were to disappear. Would anything be lost? Everything would be lost.
- Organiser Telephone : 02890971197
- Event Open To : Students, Staff, General Public, Members, Alumni, Press
- Age Recommendation : Children to be accompanied by an adult