Van Morrison Dinner and Show
- Dates : 20 Oct 2012 6:30PM -
- Venue : The Europa
- Organiser : --- Ulster Bank Belfast Festival at Queen's, Ulster Bank Belfast Festival at Queen's
- Booking Information - Dinner and Show 6.30 p.m. drinks reception, 7.00 p.m. dinner and 9.00 p.m. show. Ticket Price : £190 Per Ticket
What better way to celebrate 50 years of local and international talent at Belfast Festival at Queen’s than with one of music’s true originals, Van Morrison. His unique and inspirational musical legacy is rooted in Belfast. Listening to his shipyard worker father’s collection of blues, gospel and country, Van became a travelling musician at 13, playing guitar and sax, in several bands, before forming Them in 1964. A critically and commercially successful career spanning decades and continents, Van comes back to his hometown for a wonderful, celebratory dinner and show at Europa’s Great Ballroom.
Guests will enjoy a sparkling wine reception and a four course meal before settling down to experience an intimate performance that will span Van’s classic back catalogue and previews of his upcoming album ‘Born to Sing: No Plan B’.
Dress code: Smart evening wear. You don't need a tuxedo, just smart cocktail/ evening attire, a black tie is optional.
McKeown's Smoked Salmon, Prawn and Marie Rose Parcels
Served on a bed of Watercress with a Lemon Drizzle & Irwin's Guinness Bread
Slow Roast Daube of Brian McArdle's County Down Beef
Served on a bed of Scallion Mash & accompanied by Hamilton Coulter's Comber Root Vegetables and Dauphinoise Potato
Armagh Apple & Cinnamon Sponge
With a Creme Anglaise accompanied by Glastry Farm Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Thompson's Finest Tea and Bewley's Coffee
With Irish Fudge & Yellow Man
Any special dietary requirements can be met by the Europa. Please let us know about this when booking.
Ticket Price : £190 Per Ticket
More information to follow
There will be 32 tables for sale, each table seating 10 people. Patrons must be aware you may be seated at a table with other guests. A seating plan is available
- Organiser Telephone : 02890971197
- Access Information : Wheelchair Access
- Event Open To : Students, Staff, General Public, Members, Alumni, Press, Delegates
- Age Recommendation : Over 18s only