- Dates : 2 Nov 2012 12:30PM - 7 Nov 2012 4:00PM
- Venue : Elmwood Hall
- Organiser : --- Ulster Bank Belfast Festival at Queen's, Ulster Bank Belfast Festival at Queen's
- Booking Information - Please note that this event is FREE, though a ticket is required.
Michael Emmerson considers himself to be very lucky, although everyone else would put his success down to talent rather than luck. Brought up in Stratford Upon Avon with his brother Anthony, Michael came to Queen’s in 1961.
He admits that his time at Queen’s was less about academics and more about finding himself and carving out a life path and from the day he graduated he has travelled that path. Emmerson has enjoyed a lifelong career in Arts Management as Festival Director, Artist Manager and Worldwide President of RCA Red Seal / BMG Classics.
As a Queen’s student, Emmerson directed plays and even an opera, was President of the English Society and published a historic series of poetry pamphlets. Together with his brother, he presented a small student Arts Festival which was the beginning of the Festival we know and love today. Even within the first few Festivals, Belfast was entertained by the National Theatre and the Royal Ballet.
Michael Emmerson will be taking a trip down memory lane with this return visit to Belfast. Why not join him and his wife, Elena Duran, in the Elmwood Hall to reminisce and share memories of the first ten years of the Festival.
Please note that this event is FREE, though a ticket is required.
- Organiser Telephone : 02890971197
- Event Open To : Students, Staff, General Public, Members, Alumni, Press, Delegates
- Age Recommendation : Children to be accompanied by an adult